6-Day Ideal For Travelers with Limited Time / Pre Or Post Cruise Shore Excursion
From $1,086 Adults
AVAILABLE FOR DAILY ARRIVALS IN LIMA UNTIL DEC 15, 2017
Back by popular demand, our Peru Quick Look Around is the ideal program for travelers with limited time, for pre or post South America Cruises or for guests planning on combining two or more countries as it offers the best of Peru. In 6 days, our guests will admire the Spanish Colonial area of central Lima and enjoy views of the Pacific in Miraflores, discover the treasures of the Incas in the Archaeological Park of Sacsayhuaman, wow at the beauty of the Sacred Valley of the Incas, tour the Ollantaytambo Inca Fortress, enjoy a scenic train to Machu Picchu with panoramic views of the Urubamba River and the Andean Mountain Range, and explore the Machu Picchu Inca citadel.
- 5 nights hotel accommodations: 2 in Lima and 3 in Cusco
- 7 Meals (5 breakfasts, 2 lunches)
- Round-trip Cusco-Machu Picchu Train Ticket
- Entrance fees as per itinerary
- All transfers and sightseeing in A/C vehicle
- English-speaking local hosts and guides
- On site logistical support of our Peru-based office
DAY 1 | Welcome to Lima, Peru.
Upon arrival in Lima: meet and greet service at the airport and transfer to the hotel of your choice for a two-night stay with breakfast included.
- Standard: Allpa Hotel & Suites
- First Class: Casa Andina Select Miraflores
- Deluxe: Casa Andina Private Collection
DAY 2 | Lima: Historic and Modern City Tour | B.
Today we will visit this vibrant city, strolling around the main streets, squares and avenues enjoying the beautiful monuments. We will start at the Love Park in Miraflores, with a spectacular view of the Pacific Ocean, and then will continue to Huaca Pucllana, a ceremonial center of the Lima culture. After this, we go on to the Main Square where the Government Palace and the Town Hall are located. We will visit the Cathedral and explore the San Francisco convent, built in the seventeenth century, to discover the mystery of its catacombs.
DAY 3 | Lima / Cusco / Afternoon Guided Visit of Cusco & Sacsayhuaman Park | B.
After breakfast, transfer to the airport for your flight to Cusco (airfare is not included; we recommend arriving on or before 11:00 AM). Upon arrival in Cusco, meet and greet service at the airport and transfer to the hotel of your choice for a three-night stay. Enjoy the rest of the morning at leisure to get adjusted to the altitude.
- Standard: Casa Andina Koricancha
- First Class: Jose Antonio
- Deluxe: Libertador Palacio del Inca
In the afternoon, our exploration will take us to the Sacsayhuaman Archaeological Park where we will start our excursion visiting the fortress with the same name; a beautiful place that radiates peace and quiet, where we will be able to admire the huge rocks measuring up to 4 meters high that were used in its construction.
We will then head for Q’enqo, the ancient temple of the Puma, where we will be able to appreciate the sacrifices altar in the inner part of an enormous carved rock. From there, we will continue to Tambomachay; the sacred fountains of life and health. On the way back to Cusco, we will have a panoramic view from Puca Pucara; a watchtower that controlled the entrance to the city.
In Cusco, we will visit Korikancha, the Temple of the Sun, on top of which the Saint Dominique Convent was built. History says that this temple was entirely lined in gold sheets when the Spanish conquistadors arrived. At the end of our tour, we will go to the Main Square and will visit the Cathedral where invaluable colonial paintings and other works of art, such as the Cross that arrived with the first conquistadors, can be admired.
Important Note: People are not allowed to enter religious sites wearing shorts. Taking photos is not allowed inside the Cathedral.
DAY 4 | Cusco / Day Trip to the Sacred Valley of the Incas / Cusco | B.L.
The Sacred Valley of the Incas welcomes us every day. On the way we will stop at Awanacancha, to see and feed Andean camelids such as llamas and alpacas, and where the locals will show us their traditional weaving and dyeing techniques.
We will then reach downtown Pisac, where one of the Sacred Valley’s largest fairs takes place daily, with Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays being the busiest. Vendors peddle handmade goods such as colorful woven knits and traditional Peruvian treats including grilled corn coated with cheese and empanadas.
After lunch at a local restaurant, we will head for Ollantaytambo, a picturesque town which has been inhabited non-stop since the Inca times, where we will visit the temple with the same name, used as a fortress during the Inca resistance.
Once a country retreat for Inca royalty and nobility, Ollantaytambo is also where the Incas fought some of their last battles, resisting Spanish conquest from the still intact fortress and staggered terraces rising up around the town. Climbing to the top of the village’s ceremonial center, where Incas would worship, yields panoramic views of the Sacred Valley, across the Patakancha and Urubamba Rivers. The gridded, cobblestoned streets are the product of Inca city planning, dating back to the 1200s. Babbling waterways, branching from the nearby rivers, feed the still-flowing irrigation system that the Incas designed; their handiwork is admired to this day.
At the appropriate time, we will go back to our hotel in Cusco.
DAY 5 | Cusco / Day Trip to Machu Picchu / Cusco | B.L.
After breakfast at the hotel, you will be transferred to the train station to board the train to Aguas Calientes. During the journey, we will appreciate several landmarks in the Sacred Valley of the Incas, including the hanging bridge that signals the start of the Inca Trail. The railway follows the course of the Urubamba River, also known as Vilcanota River, climbing down and entering a canyon until we reach Aguas Calientes, the town that is located at the foot of the Machu Picchu Mountain.
After getting off the train, we will board the mini-bus that will take us up the winding road to Machu Picchu, the Sacred Citadel of the Incas that is considered one of the New Wonders of the World. The Lost City of the Incas will astonish us with its terraces, ceremonial shrines, steps and urban areas. Energy will be all around us. After a well-paced guided visit, we will have lunch at one of the restaurants in the area and then will be ready to return to Cusco by train. Arrival and transfer to the hotel.
DAY 6 | Cusco / Lima / Next Destination | B.
At the appropriate time, transfer to the airport to check-in for your flight back to Lima (airfare is not included) to connect with your onward flight.
PRICES PER PERSON IN US$ – NO MINIMUM GUESTS REQUIRED
AVAILABLE FOR DAILY ARRIVALS IN LIMA UNTIL DEC 15, 2017
|CATEGORY||DOUBLE||TRIPLE1||QUAD (2 BDR)||CHILD||SINGLE (SUPPLEMENT)||TRAIN CLASS|
1 Triple accommodations share existing bedding arrangements
PERU QUICK LOOK AROUND LODGING
STANDARD CLASS HOTELS
In Lima: Allpa Hotel & Suites: The Allpa Hotel & Suites provides spacious and modern rooms with the latest technology and comfort for today’s guest demand, integrating a magnificent environment of trends, decoration and art. Conveniently located in Lima, the Allpa Hotel & Suites is a great base from which to explore this vibrant city. All the rooms have been carefully appointed to the highest degree of comfort and convenience, with in room safe, shower, satellite/cable TV, desk, hair dryer in each room. Besides, the hotel’s host of recreational offerings ensures you have plenty to do during your stay. Enjoy unparalleled services and a truly prestigious address at the Allpa Hotel & Suites.
In Cusco: Casa Andina Koricancha Hotel: The hotel is removed from the traffic, hustle and bustle of the center but still just 3 blocks from Cusco Plaza de Armas. An atmosphere of spaciousness and serenity, spread across 2 sprawling, connected 18th-century manor houses and 2 peaceful interior colonial patios. Just steps from Koricancha (the Inca Temple of the Sun) and Santo Domingo church. All the bedrooms feature one Queen or 2 Twin beds warmly decorated with Cusco textiles, and include either writing desks or breakfast tables, closets with safes, cable TV, heating system, Wi-Fi access, and more. Oxygen is available upon request.
FIRST CLASS HOTELS
In Lima: Casa Andina Select Miraflores: Ideally located in Miraflores, the Casa Andina Select Miraflores Hotel is the perfect choice for sophisticated travelers who expect efficiency, excellent service and a comfortable design. All 155 comfortable budget rooms and suites are outfitted with LCD cable TV, digital safe deposit box, work desk, telephone and mini bar/refrigerator. Some units come with separate sitting area and breakfast/dining table. Casa Andina Select Miraflores Hotel features complimentary Wi-Fi access, business centre with secretarial services and meeting room. For on-site leisure, guests can unwind at the gym, spa or Jacuzzi. Valet parking, currency exchange, 24/7 front desk and souvenir shop are also available.
In Cusco: Jose Antonio Hotel: The Jose Antonio Cusco Hotel is ocated in the heart of Cusco’s archaeological centre, the oldest city of America. A few minutes away from the Main Square, this recently built hotel has a modern architecture, with a fine colonial touch. The 6-stories building is one of the highest hotels in the city, offering excellent views over the city of Cusco. All the 126 rooms are divided among 5 floors and on the rooftop you can enjoy a solarium, the Jacuzzi and sauna. These can be quite refreshing after a full day of sight-seeing in the beautiful city of Cusco or in the nearby Sacred Valley.
DELUXE CLASS HOTELS
In Lima: Casa Andina Private Collection Hotel: With its stylish contemporary design, cutting-edge technology and ideal location, the flagship Casa Andina Private Collection – Miraflores hotel is the top of its class in every aspect. Once the Miraflores Cesar’s, Lima’s fondly remembered, original five-star hotel, this modern icon was dramatically transformed in 2008 into the capital’s newest luxury hotel. Its quintessential Limeno flavor reverberates in the exquisite art collection of contemporary local artists and prized colonial-era antiques, in both public spaces and accommodations. The 17-story hotel, with views over Miraflores and the Pacific coast, offers 148 sophisticated, contemporary luxury rooms and suites, with soundproofing and LCD flatscreen TVs in every room. First-class amenities include a heated, covered pool and breezy terrace, gymnasium with the latest exercise equipment, prestigious Joop salon & massage room, business center, and 5 multimedia-equipped corporate event & meeting rooms.
In Cusco: Libertador Palacio del Inka Hotel: Cusco Hotel Libertador Palacio del Inka location invites guests to enjoy a fascinating and unique experience in the historic center of this ancient city. Located in front of the Koricancha, or Sun Temple, in this Cusco Hotel there’s an adventure awaiting: the guest familiarizes with the colonial and Inca legacy of this Andean jewel, strolling around the narrow streets of the city and visiting several places of interest such as Machu Picchu, the main square, the cathedral, the artisan neighborhood of Saint Blas, as well as the archeological sites of Sacsayhuaman, Q’enko, Puca Pucara and Tambomachay.
- Prices are subject to change and can only be guaranteed after booking confirmation.
- Please refer to the attached terms and conditions as presented in the credit card authorization form and in our website: Terms of Travel. These terms apply in full to this travel program.
- Reservation: A $300.00 deposit per person is required to activate and process your reservation.
- Final Payment: The balance is due 65 days prior to the start of your tour. If full final payment has not been received by the due date, EcoAmerica Tours reserves the right to cancel the reservation without notice.
- Method of Payment: For your convenience, we accept major credit cards and checks.
- The price does not include: personal expenses, additional activities, international and local airfares as well as airports departure taxes (unless otherwise indicated), gratuities to guides, drivers, porters, bell and wait staff, and any other service not listed.
- Airfares, if any, booked through EcoAmerica Tours may require immediate ticketing, if so, you will be notified accordingly. In most cases, the airfare charge(s) will appear on your credit card statement as processed by the airline(s) used for your travel arrangements.
- None of the services have been requested nor confirmed at this time (unless otherwise indicated). If the selected hotels are not available, we will make our best effort to obtain the next best available hotel in the same city/region. We should have confirmation of the suggested services and facilities and/or suitable alternatives within 48 hours after receiving your deposit, which will be applied to the final payment.
- Meal Codes: B = Breakfast. L = Lunch. D = Dinner.
- All tour services are SIB shared basis (unless otherwise indicated).
- Travel Protection Plan: Travel insurance is a great way to protect your travel investment. By choosing to offer travel insurance, your travel agent is providing you a financial safety net for most unforeseen travel inconveniences. Allianz Travel Insurance plans have been created to suit most any traveler’s coverage needs. For your peace of mind, we strongly suggest you to purchase travel insurance. For more information, please visit: Allianz Global Assistance or contact us for a personalized quote.
TAKING ADVANTAGE OF OUR FULL SERVICE PLATFORM:
One of the main advantages of booking your trip through your Travel Consultant and the destination specialists at EcoAmerica Tours is that you do not have to spend countless frustrating hours looking on-line for hotels, point-to-point transportation, attractions, entrance fees, excursions, and much more. The second is that when traveling with us, you can be certain that we will be with you throughout your trip to continue assisting you and making sure that each one of the services included in your reservation are flawlessly delivered. When traveling with us, you will be talking to a real person who will demystify the travel components and will provide you with information that makes you knowledgeable and informed. When traveling with us you will get real value, just like countless travelers before you (we encourage you to visit the testimonials section in our website)
Working with your Travel Consultant and EcoAmerica Tours means being involved in a different way of doing tourism and comes with the following benefits:
- Almost three decades leading the tourism industry in Latin America.
- Regional coverage and exclusive tailor-made programs.
- Fast, friendly and efficient response to your requirements.
- Always available: emergency line and operational offices 24H/7D.
- We care about our guests: EcoAmerica Assistance Network.
- Top guides and the best transportation quality.
- Quality Control Department: care to passengers’ voice.
- Top Producer and great relationship with key suppliers.
- Positive impact of our operations at all levels.
EcoAmerica Tours, LLC. and/or any of its agents will not claim any responsibility for injury, damage, loss, additional expenses, accidental delay or other irregularities which may be caused either through willful or negligent acts or omissions on the part of companies or individuals providing or engaged in transportation, accommodations or other services related to the execution of the tour, or through natural calamities and other factors beyond its control. Prices are subject to adjustment in the event of any change, without notice. EcoAmerica Tours, LLC reserves the right to change any tour if considered necessary in order to render better service to its clients.
|BOOK IT NOW||-OR-||REQUEST A FREE QUOTE|
OR CALL TOLL-FREE: (888) 601-8411
OR HAVE YOUR TRAVEL AGENT CALL US